soil CO2 flux sensor
The eosFD is a revolutionary soil CO2 flux sensor that uses Eosense’s patented Forced Diffusion technology to measure soil CO2 flux directly. The eosFD is completely standalone—requiring only a minimal power source—delivering spatial freedom at any scale and opening up all sorts of possibilities for research.
- Zero spatial constraints
- Truly portable
- High temporal resolution
- Low power requirements
FD technology has been tested and proven from pole to pole – surviving everything from meters of snowpack to frigid and sunless Antarctic winters.
how does the FD sensor work?
- Dimensions (Ø x L): 10.2 cm x 25 cm / 4 in x 9.8 in
- Mass: 1600 g / 3.5 lb
- Operating temperature: -20 C to 50 C / -4 F to 122 F
- Operating power – avg: <1.6 W
- Operating voltage: 12 V DC
- Outputs (analog): 0 – 5 V DC
- Data Capacity: 65,000 measurements
- Flux Range: 0 to 20 μmol/m2/s
- Flux Resolution: < 0.2 μmol/m2/s