soil salinity sensor & meter
Measure soil salinity (EC – electrical conductivity) in the field or laboratory with the EC-HH-SOIL meter. The EC of the soil can either be measured directly or a slurry can be prepared. The EC-HH-SOIL meter effectively measures the EC of the soil pore water.
- Soil moisture meters, sensors, probes and data loggers
- Portable soil pH meter
- Soil Nutrient Analysis (measure NH3, NO3-, P, K)
- Soil respiration
- Soil carbon
features of the EC-HH-SOIL meter
- Supplied with two probes
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- BEPS (Battery Error Prevention System) alerts the user in the event that low battery power could adversely affect readings
The EC-HH-SOIL is an instrument that has been designed to address the need for fast and accurate conductivity measurements in soil and liquids. It is supplied with two probes: HI 76305 with stainless steel, conical tip for direct soil measurement and HI 76304 for fertilizer enriched solutions.
The EC-HH-SOIL meter measures the soil conductivity in EC (mS/cm) as well as salt activity (g/L). The different scales can be selected through two keys on the front panel and two separate LEDs indicate which parameter is being tested. In addition, the EC-HH-SOIL is equipped with an alarm LED that illuminates if the soil is too dry or nutritive substances such as potassium or nitrogen are lacking. Demineralized water can be added to the soil prior to proceeding with further tests.
Direct soil measurement is facilitated by the stainless steel HI 76305 probe. Once inserted into the ground, the user simply waits until the meter displays the value read by the auger-like probe.
- Range: 0 to 19 mS/cm;
- Resolution: 0.01 mS/cm;
- Accuracy: ±2% of full scale @ 20C
- Calibration: manual, one point
- Battery Type / Life: 9V / approximately 100 hours of continuous use
- Environment: 0 to 50 C; RH max 95% non-condensing
- Dimensions and Weight: 185 x 82 x 52 mm; 275 g