Decagon CTD-10 Sensor
– conductivity, temperature & depth
The Decagon CTD-10 sensor is a low cost, accurate tool for monitoring of water level, electrical conductivity, and temperature in both ground water and surface water. The sensor utilizes a vented pressure transducer to obtain accurate water level measurements from 0 to 10 m while removing the effects of barometric pressure. With a range of 0 to 120 dS/m, the CTD sensor has the ability to make accurate electrical conductivity measurements in a broad range of applications.
Decagon’s CTD sensor is a robust, marine grade sensor, 3.4 cm in diameter. It connects by cable to an external datalogger. Much of the complex circuitry is in the data logger, lowering the cost of individual sensors without impacting their accuracy or resolution. This makes it so that instead having to rely on a single measurement, you can measure in several different locations without exceeding your budget.
The CTD sensor is compatible with all Decagon Em50 series and Campbell Scientific data loggers. The Em50G offers a remote transmission option to deliver data wirelessly to your desktop. With this option, water depth, temperature, and electrical conductivity can be monitored from any internet-connected computer in near-real time.
- Aquifer recharge and recovery.
- Saltwater intrusion, desalination, and wastewater.
- Wetland monitoring.
- Groundwater contamination monitoring.
- Surface water monitoring.
- Robust marine-grade epoxy overmold to resist corrosion in tough environments.
- Compact 3.4 cm diameter sensor body to fit into tight spaces.
- External logger with remote transmission option to deliver data to your desktop.
- Permanent connection allows you to collect data continously without pulling up the sensor.
- Low per-sensor cost.
- Water level sensors
- EC sensors and meters
- Pore water samplers
- Soil moisture & soil EC sensors
- Sap flow and plant water use
- Data loggers
|Depth||0 to 10,000 mm|
|Conductivity||0 to 120 dS/m|
|Temperature||-11 to 49 °C|
|Depth||±0.05% of full scale @ 20 °C|
|Conductivity||±0.01 dS/m or ±10% (whichever is greater)|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 50°C (Pressure transducer cannot be allowed to freeze while submersed.)|
|Power Requirements||3.6 - 15 VDC, 0.03 mA quiescent, 0.5 mA during 300 ms measurement|
|Dimensions||9 cm (l) x 3.4 cm (w)|
|Measurement Time||300 ms (milliseconds)|
|Cable Length||10 m standard; custom lengths available upon request|
|Data Logger Compatibility||Any SDI-12 enabled data logger|