water level sensors
Edaphic Scientific can provide water level sensors to measure depth ranges from tens to hundreds of meters. Our sensors are largely maintenance free and do not become easily clogged by sediments or other materials in rivers and streams. Our water level sensors are ideally suited to boreholes, tanks, dams, rivers, streams and lakes.
Our water level sensors Sensors are supported by our range of data logging solutions, or we can assist you in connecting the sensors to your existing data logging platform.
Edaphic Scientific provides 2 classes of water level sensors:
- Submersible Water Level Sensors
- Ultrasonic Water Level Sensors
1. submersible water level sensors
With a stainless steel housing, the Submersible Water Level Sensors benefit from a flush ceramic diaphragm which prevents solids building up over time, making it very easy to clean.
The pressure difference is detected by the Piezoelectric element’s location and the atmospheric pressure on the surface. This pressure difference is proportional to the water level above the sensor. A special (ventilated) cable connects the sensor sensing element with the surface.
The Submersible Water Level Sensors are supported by our range of data logging solutions, or we can assist you in connecting the sensors to your existing data logging platform.
- Measuring range: 0 to 10m (contact us for extended ranges)
- Accuracy: < 0.5% Full scale (IEC60770)
Thermal drift: <0,2% Full scale/10K
Thermal compensation: 0 to 70°C
Power supply: 12 to 36Vdc
Power consumption: Max 20 mA
- Output signal: 4…20 mA
- Materials: Body: stainless steel; Sensor: ceramic, seals FKM; Cable: PVC
- Cable Lengths: Variable, up to 60m
2. ultrasonic water level sensor
The transducer emits short, ultrasonic impulses in the range of 18 to 70 kHz to the measured product. These are then reflected by the product surface and received again by the transducer.
The pulses are spread with sound velocity. The time from emission to reception of the signals is proportional to the level.
The Ultrasonic Water Level Sensor is ideal for applications where installation is challenging due to factors such as possible flooding and strong currents.
- Range: 0.25 to 5m; 0.4 to 8m; 0.6 to 15m
- Measurement principle: Ultra-sonic (70 kHz)
- Accuracy: ± 1 cm (+18÷30°C, 860÷1060 hPa)
- Operative temperature: -40 to 80°C
- Power supply: 20 to 36 Vdc
- Output: 4..20 mA
- Material: PVDF
- Weight: 1.8 Kg