research equipment grant information
value of grant
In 2017, Edaphic Scientific is providing two separate grants each with a value of AUD$3000.00.
The first grant is open on any equipment that is listed on the Edaphic Scientific website.
The second grant is available exclusively for scientific equipment manufactured by Decagon Devices. A list of this equipment can be found via this link.
Submissions will close at: 9pm AEST, 26th May, 2017
Recipient of the grants will be announced on 29th May, 2017
available research equipment
The grant is only available for equipment listed on the Edaphic Scientific website: www.edaphic.com.au
The second grant is available exclusively for equipment manufactured by Decagon Devices. Visit this webpage to view a list of equipment manufactured by Decagon Devices.
Researchers can apply for one or both grants but will only receive a single grant.
You can either browse the Edaphic Scientific website to find the research equipment you require; or if you need a specific piece of research equipment, contact us and we can assist you further.
applying for grant
Applying for the grant is simple:
- Browse the Edaphic Scientific website and find the equipment you require for your research
- Obtain a quote from Edaphic Scientific
- Subscribe to the Edaphic Scientific Blog
- Consent to write a short article (500 to 700 words only) on your research for the Edaphic Scientific Blog
- Submit your application on this webpage: Edaphic Scientific Research Equipment Grant Submission Form
how the recipient of the grant will be decided
All submissions will be judged equally. All submissions will be given a unique identification number. These numbers will then be fed into a random number generator. A number will then be generated randomly and the corresponding submission will be the recipient of the grant.
- The research equipment grant is effectively an up to $3000 discount from the purchase of scientific equipment from Edaphic Scientific. Therefore, you can submit an application for equipment that may cost in excess of $3000 however you must have pre-existing funding to fill the gap. For example, if a piece of research equipment costs $5000, Edaphic Scientific will cover $3000 and you must have existing funding to cover the remaining $2000. Edaphic Scientific is essentially offering a $3000 discount on a quote to you for scientific equipment you need for your research.
- If the quote in your grant submission is for a total less than $3000, Edaphic Scientific will only cover the quoted amount at the time of grant funding. Edaphic Scientific is not offering credit under any circumstance or will not provide any difference in the quoted amount and $3000 on a future quote.
- Edaphic Scientific will also cover the costs of freight and delivery of the equipment to your location.
If you are the recipient of the research grant, you must provide a purchase order for the equipment citing the quote number you were given during the submission process. The purchase order must be provided no later than 9th June 2017.
- Delivery of equipment will be made within 8 weeks from the 9th June 2017 but typically within 1 to 2 weeks.
- The equipment grant is strictly non-transferable and only available for items listed on your quote.
- The grant is not available in conjunction with any other offer or existing discount from a quote. Edaphic Scientific is not offering a grant on a discounted item.