leaf temperature sensor
The LT-1M sensor is a subminiature touch probe that measures absolute temperature of a leaf. The lightweight stainless steel wire clip holds a high precision glass encapsulated thermistor, which is about millimeter in diameter. Small size of the probe and its special design provide almost negligible disturbance of the natural leaf temperature. The thermistor is connected to the clip by a thin 0.15 mm leads to minimize heat conduction and response time. All conductors are proofed to avoid corrosion under the wet operating conditions.
The probe is connected by a standard 1-meter cable to the waterproof box with the signal conditioner inside.
The output cable length should be specified in the order if required.
Every sensor is tuned and calibrated within the measurement range. The tolerance range is ±0.08 ℃ only.
- Weather stations
- Sap flow sensors
- Plant water potential
- Soil moisture sensors, meters and data loggers
- Soil water potential
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- Measurement range: 0 to 50 ℃
- Instrumental accuracy: < 0.15 ℃
- Output: LT-1M: 0 to 2 VDC; LT-1Mi: 4 to 20 mA
- Supply voltage: 10 to 30 VDC
- Power: LT-1M: 1.5 W max; LT-1Mi: 2 W max
- Probe dimensions (mm): 50 W × 20 H × 10 D
- Probe weight: 1.6 g
- Contact area of thermistor: About 1 mm2
- Standard calibration: T(℃)=ƒ(V, Volt) Best fit: T= 1.8649V3 − 4.5048V2 + 26.542V − 0.0099
- Approximation error: < ±0.06 ℃
- Linear fit: T= 24.477V − 0.1352
- Approximation error: < ±1 ℃
- Tolerance range: ±0.08 ℃
- Cable length between probe and signal conditioner: 1 m
- Custom cable lengths available