Edaphic Scientific is proud to engage closely with the scientific research and environmental monitoring community. Our initiatives include the annual $5000 Edaphic Scientific Research Equipment Grant and supporting non-profit organisations.
Edaphic Scientific Research Equipment Grant
Each year, we offer a $5000 equipment grant for Australian and New Zealand researchers. Previous recipients of the grant include:
- Associate Professor Sebastian Leuzinger, Auckland University of Technology, for his research on sap flow in New Zealand trees.
- Dr Wendy Vance, Murdoch University, for her research on stomatal conductance, plant water use and improving agricultural production in Bangladesh.
- Dr Fernander Helfer, Griffith University, for her research on renewable energy from waste water.
Edaphic Scientific is a corporate member of the International Alliance to Combat Ocean Acidification. The OA Alliance brings together jurisdictions across the globe to combat ocean acidification and changing ocean conditions as an immediate and critical threat to coastal economies and ocean ecosystems.
- New Zealand Ocean Acidification Community (NZOAC)
- University of Otago (OA Research and Academic Institutions Theme)
- Countries including New Zealand, Netherlands, France, Chile and Fiji
- State governments including California, Hawaii and British Columbia
Edaphic Scientific is a donor to Bush Heritage Australia. This non-profit organisation purchases land of high conservation value that is then protected.
Currently, Bush Heritage Australia has 44 reserve & partnership properties (covering over 6.2 million hectares) throughout Australia.
The reserves help preserve biodiversity or threatened species as well as maintaining a functional natural landscape.