dissolved carbon dioxide sensor
- Calibrated, robust, easy-to-use dissolved carbon dioxide (CO2) probe
- Ideal for aquaculture, scientific research, and waste water industry
- Voltage or 4..20mA output
- Connect to our data loggers with internet access; or we can assist you in connecting the ES-CO2-SW to your existing system
The ES-CO2-SW is a new, membrane covered optical CO2 sensor for monitoring dissolved CO2 online.
The ES-CO2-SW is our most popular dissolved CO2 sensor as it is low cost, robust, accurate, has a moderate depth rating (1000m), and can be easily integrated into existing data acquisition systems and PLC’s.
The ES-CO2-SW is delivered to you pre-calibrated and ready to deploy. The calibration lasts approximately 12 months. Therefore, the ES-CO2-SW is a low maintenance sensor.
The measurement of dissolved carbon dioxide in water is one of the most important parameters for water monitoring. Our engineers have developed a new membrane covered optical CO2 sensor with titanium housing and other improved characteristics. So the new dissolved CO2 sensor is designed for depths of up to 1,000 m, has an analogue or digital output, a reduced current uptake and includes an automatic internal temperature compensation. The sensor is designed to be interfaced externally to CTD probe systems, to own measuring systems or as stand alone sensor.
The inner sensor volume is separated from the sample by means of a gas permeable silicone membrane. Liquids and solids are not able to pass the membrane. If the sensor is dived into a sample, the CO2 partial pressure equalisation is achieved between the inner sensor volume and the sample. Inside the sensor there is an optical sensor mounted. It’s working principle is based on the Single-Beam Dual Wavelength NDIR. This measurement of the CO2 partial pressure has to be accompanied by the measurement of the temperature in the water and by the air pressure for calculating the carbon dioxide concentration.
- submersible direct reading sensor for natural and industrial waters and sea water;
- detects CO2 and total inorganic carbon when measuring additionally pH;
- no signal interference to silicate, phosphate, HCO3- and CO3(2-);
- built-in reference measurement for superior stability;
- calibration coefficients stored internally;
- for depths of up to 1,000 m;
- less than 0.5 W power consumption;
- with analogue or digital output (please select);
- with internal temperature compensation;
- compensation of humidity and other influences;
- heated sensor head to avoid condensation
whole system monitoring solutions
Our systems not only support dissolved carbon dioxide sensors, but related sensors such as dissolved oxygen, pH, temperature, weather parameters, and more.
At Edaphic Scientific we want to work with you from the start of your project through to its completion. We can provide:
- Assistance with project and experimental design
- Procurement of all monitoring equipment, including sensors, data loggers and data management software. Edaphic Scientific is a one-stop shop where we can source and find any necessary equipment for your project from our preferred suppliers or third party suppliers
- Installation and training
- On-going assistance with data interpretation and equipment maintenance
- Data correction and analysis, including statistical analysis with the R-package
- Report and publication preparation including tables, figures, graphs, and manuscript writing
advanced data collection and management solutions
Edaphic Scientific recognises the need for flexible and adaptable sensor and data logging solutions for experimental or environmental monitoring projects.
Data can be downloaded directly in the field from data loggers. A direct connection between the data loggers and your computer, via a USB cable, can be used for manual downloading of data.
Alternatively, data can be downloaded over the internet on your iPhone, iPad or desktop computer with the Eagle.io cloud-based, data management software solutions. Through this remote based downloading capabilities, you can download, view and manage your data, and system, anywhere in the world and at anytime.
|Measurement Ranges||Made to Order: 15 mg/l, 50 mg/l, 340 mg/l (others upon request)|
|Accuracy||1% to 3%|
|Dimensions||225 mm length, 33 mm diameter|
|Power Supply||Voltage output: 12-30 VDC 4..20mA output: 20-30 VDC|
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W|
|Maximum Depth Rating||1,000 m / 1,000 dbar|
|Signal Outputs||4...20 mA or 0...5 V DC|
|Inbuilt Compensation||Temperature and Humidity|
manual & docs