handheld H2S meter
The instrument is an in-situ determination of dissolved H2S/total sulphide, pH and temperature with parallel display of the concentrations and other parameters.
H2S measurements are corrected for pH and temperature variability, leading to the most accurate sulphide measurements possible.
- H2S sensors, meters and data loggers
- H2S sensor for shallow and deep water applications
- Our complete range of dissolved gas sensors
The microprocessor-operated measuring instrument has been developed for the fast and accurate in-situ determination of dissolved H2S and total sulphide without any sampling. The instrument is useful for the laboratory and for simple and fast measurements in the field (e.g. sewage analytics).
The instrument is equipped with an amperometric, membrane covered H2S sensor, which does not to be streamed and with a combined pH/temperature-sensor. The display shows the concentration of the measured total sulphide in mg/l (on request only the H2S-concentration), the pH-value and the temperature of the sample.
The measuring instrument is equipped with a power supply unit and additionally it can be operated with re-chargeable batteries. The RS 232 interface allows the link to a PC.
The measuring system is delivered with a case for the transport and storage.
advantages of the handheld H2S meter
Compared with all the other commercially available methods/instruments for the quantitative determination like e.g. the chemical analysis by means of methylene blue (German standard) or by means of ion sensitive electrodes (ISE), the new measuring instrument has the following advantages:
1. Determination without sampling or adding chemicals within the pH-range 0-8,5
2. Very low detection limit down to 2 μg/l H2S
3. High accuracy
4. High economic efficiency (no consumption of chemicals)
5. Fast putting into operation (after polarisation of the sensor, approx.5-10 minutes)
6. Measurements also in turbid, coloured, muddy and salt containing samples
7. No cross sensitivities against tensids, heavy metals, sulphur-oxygen-compounds
8. Online measurement (not only average values of a big volume)
9. High local resolution of the measurement (μm-steps)
10. Alternatively analysis of dissolved H2S or dissolved total sulphide (heavy metal sulphides are not detected)
|Measurement Principle||amperometry, membrane covered sensor|
|Accuracy||better than 2% of the measuring value|
|Measurement Ranges||Type I: 0.05 – 10 mg/l H2S | Type II: 0.5 – 50 mg/l H2S | Type III: 0.01 – 3 mg/l H2S and others on request|
|Response Time (T90)||< 200 milliseconds|
|Sensor Lifetime||depends on H2S-stress and on sample matrix: 5…9 months|
|Environmental Tolerance||Temperature: 0°C and 30°C | pH range: 0 to 8.5 for H2S measurements, > 8.5 pH for total sulfide measurements|
|No Cross Sensitivities Against||Carbon dioxide (to 25.38 vol.%) | methane (to 5.78 vol.%) | hydrogen (to 0.544 vol.%) | ammonia (to 1000 ppm(v)) | carbon monoxide (to 92 ppm(v)) | carbon bisulphide (to 5 vol.%) | organic solvents (max. 20 Vol.%) | acetic acid (to 1 mol/l) | dimethyl sulphide, HCN|
|Low Cross Sensitivities Against||SO2 (at pH<4): 100 pip SO2 = 1 ppm H2S and against Chlorine: 50 ppm Cl2 = 1 ppm H2S|
|EC / Salt Interference||no signal interferences caused by salt concentrations up to 40 g/l|
|Polarisation Time||5 to 15 minutes upon initial measurement|
|Stirring Senstivity||no streaming of the membrane necessary, no stirring of the analyte, very low analyte consumption|
manuals and further information