integrity and quality control
Industrial processes often involve storing and processing of hazardous materials. Failure of such storage or processing equipment may have catastrophic consequences on environment or people. Hence governments impose strict regulations on operators of industrial plants demanding inspection of equipment on a regular basis.
In many countries, AE-testing is an accepted inspection method in combination with another volumetric NDT method such as ultrasonic testing (UT). The result of an AE-test reveals defects which can be followed up by e.g. UT to determine size of and map defects.
An AE-test can be done with the working or storage medium. A time consuming emptying of equipment with subsequent internal inspection and/or a hydro test is not necessary. An AE-inspection guarantees minimum downtime of equipment and a highly reliable inspection result.
An AE-test detects and locates active defects in the equipment’s material. Analysis of data allows distinguishing severity of AE-sources. Classification of sources will decide what kind of further actions are required.
typical system configuration
- Chassis: MB6 for small objects, MB19 in single chassis or multi chassis configuration
- AE-signal processor board: ASIP-2/S
- AE-sensors: VS150-RIC
- Analysis software: VisualAE
- Location modules: Planar location, spherical location
- Additional modules ECP to program own analysis routines or license routines of others