research & development
AE provides a very sensitive, volumetric and real time measurement technique which interferes only marginally with the specimen and is able to detect damage processes at the very onset. In most cases, AE-measurement results are used to improve design of materials. i.e. increase their strength. But application of AE is not limited to improve engineering materials. AE is also used to investigate drying process of wood, water transport in trees, fatigue fracture of bones, degradation of implant-bone tissue interface, etc.
AE-measurements can be used in a wide range of applications to gain knowledge and deeper understanding of a material’s behavior under load.
typical system configuration
- Chassis: MB2 or MB6
- AE-signal processor board: ASIP-2/A and TR-2/1GB (transient recorder mudules)
- AE-sensors: AEP5 (preamplifier) and VS150-M, VS150-L
- Analysis software: VisualAE, VisualTR
- Location modules: Linear and/or planar location, 3D location
- Additional modules ECP: to program own analysis routines or license routines of others; VisualClass for transient pattern recognition