Leakage in valves, pipelines or storage tanks causes loss of transported or stored medium, i.e. your asset, pollution and danger factors to environment as well as people. For safety reasons and asset protection leak testing is an important task for operators of plants and pipelines.
AE-leak-testing is a non-intrusive method of detecting, quantifying and locating leaks. Friction of leaking medium generates sound waves in the ultrasonic range which can be detected and analyzed by an AE-measurement system.
Pipelines of any diameter can be inspected without the necessity of complete access to the pipeline. AE sensors need to be mounted in certain distances which guarantee that the waves reach at least two sensors for linear location.
typical system configuration
- Chassis: MB6
- AE-signal processor board: ASIP-2/S and TR-2/512 (transient recorder mudules)
- AE-sensors: VS30-SIC-46dB or AEP4-ISTB with VS30-V
- Analysis software: VisualAE, VisualTR
- Location modules: Linear location
- Additional modules: VisualClass for transient pattern recognition