PMS 1000 plant water potential console
- Easy to use with large operating pressure
- 70 bar (7 MPa) range that is ideal for research on high drought or water stress
- Woody stems or grasses
- Plant water potential instruments
- Sap flow sensors
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- Soil moisture sensors, meters and data loggers
- Soil water potential
- Weather stations
The Model 1000 Pressure Chamber Instrument is an old favourite, manufactured by PMS Instruments for over 40 years.
Instrument comes fitted with our most popular sealing gasket size – 1/4 inch Compression Gland Gasket and Insert. This gasket will seal a sample that is 1/4 inch in diameter down to a completely closed position. If you need other sealing options such as bladed grass or other semi-round sizes check our other options.
This is an excellent choice for research due to the large range of operating pressure. It is good for work on high stress level plants, pressure volume curves but can also be used for routine water measurements for crop plants.
The instrument requires a nitrogen source. You can use it in a lab or green house with a large cylinder or buy our light weight Portable Tank to allow for field work.
- Maximum operating pressure: 70 bar
- Chamber construction: solid stock stainless steel
- Read-out: Bourdon tube, Gauge bar, PSI scale
- Size (L x W x H): 33 x 28 x 24 cm
- Weight: 9kg
- Accuracy: 1/2 of 1%
Instrument comes complete with: 1/4 Inch Compression Gland Sealing System, 5 Extra 1/4 Compression Gland Gaskets, 6 foot Filling Hose, 1 – Solid Lab Stopper for instrument testing, O-Ring lubricant and Lithium Grease, 11/32 inch wrench and 3/32 inch Allen Key for Control Valve Adjustment and a colour, Operating Instructions Manual.
- Portable Tank,
- Extra Compression Gland Gaskets,
- Volume Reducer- depending on plant type,
- Lighted Hand Lens or
- Instrument Mounted Eye Lens.