PMS-1505D & PMS-1515D
plant water potential chambers
PMS-1505D: 100 bar, digital model, external gas cylinder
PMS-1515D: 100 bar, digital model, built-in gas cylinder
- Ideal for drought and water stress research
- Easy to use with a digital read-out
- 100 bar (10 MPa) range that is ideal for measuring a wide range of plant species
- Measure woody stems or grasses
- Ideal for pressure volume curves and hydraulic conductivity research
- Sap flow sensors
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- Soil moisture sensors, meters and data loggers
- Soil water potential
- Weather stations
Model 1505D and 1515D Pressure Chambers are a new release with changes that most users will appreciate. It is a 100 bar digital instrument fully enclosed in a sealed case with an external tank (1505D) or easily removable tank (1515D). It is similar to Models 600 and 615 except higher pressure and digital readout.
The Control Valve and internal piping have been upgraded to now allow direct connection to Nitrogen Cylinders with 207 Bar/3000 PSI pressure. The instrument is fitted with a 100 Bar Digital Gauge that offers features such as backlighting and multiple pressure scales such as (Bar, Mpa and PSI).
Instrument comes fitted with our most popular sealing gasket size – 1/4 inch Compression Gland Gasket and Insert. This gasket will seal a sample that is 1/4 inch in diameter down to a completely closed position. If you need other sealing options such as bladed grass or other semi-round sizes check our other options.
This is an excellent choice for research due to the large range of operating pressure. It is good for work on high stress level plants, pressure volume curves but can also be used for routine water measurements for crop plants.
- Maximum operating pressure: 100 bar
- Chamber construction: Solid Stock Stainless Steel
- Read-out: Bourdon tube, Gauge bar, PSI scale
- Size (L x W x H): 1505D: 33 x 28 x 24 cm; 1515D: 56 x 38 x 26 cm
- Weight: 1505D: 8kg; 1515D: 16kg
- Accuracy: 1/2 of 1%
Instrument comes complete with: 1/4 Inch Compression Gland Sealing System, 5 Extra 1/4 Compression Gland Gaskets, 6 foot Filling Hose, 1 – Solid Lab Stopper for instrument testing, O-Ring lubricant and Lithium Grease, 11/32 inch wrench and 3/32 inch Allen Key for Control Valve Adjustment and a colour, Operating Instructions Manual.
- Portable Tank,
- Extra Compression Gland Gaskets,
- Volume Reducer- depending on plant type,
- Lighted Hand Lens or
- Instrument Mounted Eye Lens.