PMS 600/D & PMS 615/D
plant water potential consoles
PMS-600: 40 bar, analog model, external gas cylinder
PMS-600D: 40 bar, digital model, external gas cylinder
PMS-615: 40 bar, analog model, built-in gas cylinder
PMS-615D: 40 bar, digital model, built-in gas cylinder
- Ideal for research or irrigation and crop management
- Easy to use with analog or digital read-outs
- 40 bar (4 MPa) range that is ideal for measuring crops
- Measure woody stems or grasses
- Sap flow sensors
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- Soil moisture sensors, meters and data loggers
- Soil water potential
- Weather stations
The Model 600 or 600D Pressure Chamber Instrument is an old favourite, manufactured by PMS Instruments for over 40 years.
Instrument comes fitted with our most popular sealing gasket size – 1/4 inch Compression Gland Gasket and Insert. This gasket will seal a sample that is 1/4 inch in diameter down to a completely closed position. If you need other sealing options such as bladed grass or other semi-round sizes check our other options.
This is an excellent choice for routine water measurements for crop plants and light research in plants with little to moderate water stress. For extensive research projects you might consider a Model 1000 or Model 1505D due to the large range of operating pressure. The instrument requires a nitrogen source. You can use it in a lab or green house with a large cylinder or buy our light weight Portable Tank to allow for field work.
- Maximum operating pressure: 40 bar
- Chamber construction: Hard Anodized Solid Stock Aluminum
- Read-out: Bourdon tube, Gauge bar, PSI scale
- Size (L x W x H): 33 x 28 x 24 cm
- Weight: 6kg
- Accuracy: 1/2 of 1%
Instrument comes complete with: 1/4 Inch Compression Gland Sealing System, 5 Extra 1/4 Compression Gland Gaskets, 6 foot Filling Hose, 1 – Solid Lab Stopper for instrument testing, O-Ring lubricant and Lithium Grease, 11/32 inch wrench and 3/32 inch Allen Key for Control Valve Adjustment and a colour, Operating Instructions Manual.
- Portable Tank,
- Extra Compression Gland Gaskets,
- Volume Reducer- depending on plant type,
- Lighted Hand Lens or
- Instrument Mounted Eye Lens.