handheld, portable meter
- Portable, handheld meter for METER Group range of sensors
- Easy to use and ready to go
- Plug in your cable, select sensor model, and read data
- The ProCheck can store 5,000 readings
- Assign SDI-12 address to Decagon SDI-12 sensors
The latest version of the ProCheck (the ProCheck C) includes the ability to calculate and display the average and standard deviation for sequentially collected portable measurements.
Plug in the handheld ProCheck to get a real-time reading from any Decagon sensor*.
During large-scale sensor installations, the ProCheck lets you monitor a sensor’s reading as it is installed. Readout values help you detect installation problems (poor sensor to soil contact, air pockets, rocks, etc.) before you repack the hole or trench.
ProCheck is most often used to spot-check soil moisture, but it can also instantaneously read any other environmental sensor. Press a button to save up to 5,000 individual readings. Each reading includes sensor type, date, time, raw value, calibrated value, and calibration coefficients.
When reading soil moisture sensors, pick from a list of supplied factory calibrations for both soil and soilless media or input your own calibration. Data stored can be downloaded in EXCEL format using the included software.
A rugged case is available if you plan on using your ProCheck in multiple locations.
assign SDI-12 addresses
ProCheck can be used to assign SDI-12 addresses to digital sensors (these include the 5TE, 5TM, TEROS-12, MPS-6, and HYDROS-21) for easier SDI-12 programming.
- Compatible Sensors: METER Group range of sensors only
- Sensor Connection: Stereo plug
- Battery Type: 4 x AA batteries
- Battery Life: 500 to 1000 hours approximately
- Memory: 5000 data storage readings
- Download: USB connection to computer with free software
- Download File: Excel 97 or better