small fruit dendrometer
measure fruits between 4 to 30 mm
The FI-XSM absolute displacement sensor provides recording both size and growth rate of intact small rounded fruits within 4 to 30 mm in diameter.
The FI-XSM is ideal for fruits such as grapes.
The FI-type sensor consists of an LVDT transducer with a hanging spring, and a DC powered signal conditioner. Standard cable length between sensor and signal conditioner is 1 meter.
The probe is connected by a standard 1-meter cable to the waterproof box with the signal conditioner inside.
The output cable length should be specified in the order if required.
whole system monitoring solutions
Our systems not only support dendrometers, but related sensors such as sap flow, soil moisture, weather parameters, and more.
At Edaphic Scientific we want to work with you from the start of your project through to its completion. We can provide:
- Assistance with project and experimental design
- Procurement of all monitoring equipment, including sensors, data loggers and data management software. Edaphic Scientific is a one-stop shop where we can source and find any necessary equipment for your project from our preferred suppliers or third party suppliers
- Installation and training
- On-going assistance with data interpretation and equipment maintenance
- Data correction and analysis, including statistical analysis with the R-package
- Report and publication preparation including tables, figures, graphs, and manuscript writing
advanced data collection and management solutions
Edaphic Scientific recognises the need for flexible and adaptable sensor and data logging solutions for experimental or environmental monitoring projects.
Data can be downloaded directly in the field from data loggers. A direct connection between the data loggers and your computer, via a USB cable, can be used for manual downloading of data.
Alternatively, data can be downloaded over the internet on your iPhone, iPad or desktop computer with the Eagle.io cloud-based, data management software solutions. Through this remote based downloading capabilities, you can download, view and manage your data, and system, anywhere in the world and at anytime.
|Adjustable range of fruit diameter||4 to 30 mm|
|Measurement linear range (LVDT stroke)||0 to 10 mm|
|Noise||< 1 mV w/filter, 1 kHz cutoff|
|Output||SDI-12, RS-485, Voltage or 4..20mA|
|Supply Voltage||10 to 30 VDC|
|Power||FI-XSM: 1.5 W max | FI-XSMi: 2 W max|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50 ℃|
|Temperature Effect||< 0.02 % total stroke / ℃|
|Excitation Time||5 seconds|
|Physical Dimensions||110 × 40 × 15 mm|
|Cable length between probe and signal conditioner||1 m|
|Cable length between signal conditioner and data logger||5 m (standard) | maximum: 10 m for voltage sensors; 200 m for 4 .. 20 mA sensors|
manual & docs