portable soil moisture profile meter
The Diviner 2000 is an ideal scientific research solution for low cost, portable, and accurate moisture measurements down soil profiles. Measure volumetric soil water content in seconds at 10cm intervals down to 1.6m depth. In this way, large amounts of replicable data can be collected across field sites and experiments relatively quickly.
The Diviner 2000 is a portable and robust device measuring soil water over multiple depths (at 10 cm intervals) in the profile. Diviner 2000 consists of a probe and hand-held data logging display unit allowing the user to make onsite management decisions at up to 99 sites.
The Diviner 2000 probe is available in 3 lengths: 0.7 metre, 1.0 metre and 1.6 metres. The patented “Swipe and Go” technology means that Diviner 2000 does not need to be held at each individual depth in the soil profile. To take a reading the encapsulated capacitance sensor is simply swiped in and out of the access tube, measuring up to 16 depths in just a few seconds.
Diviner 2000 Probe
- Portable and light weight
- Automatic depth sensing (up to 16 depths)
- Inbuilt probe orientation to increase sensor repeatability
- Quick, accurate and precise
Diviner 2000 Display Unit
- Stores data from up to 99 sites
- Data viewed on the large backlit LCD display screen
- Graphical and tabular display of data allowing for instant management decisions
- Hand held
- Data readily downloaded into Sentek’s IrriMAX software
Like the continuous monitoring probes, the Diviner 2000 is inserted into a customised access tube that is permanently installed in the ground. Advantages of this include:
- increased sensor accuracy, through precise wall thickness and diameter of access tube
- Diviner 2000 sensor has no direct contact with the soil
- Minimised soil and root disturbance
- Tubes compatible with EnviroSCAN probes for future upgrade or interchange ability with continuous monitoring
how the Diviner 2000 works