portable TDR meter
The FOM/mts is ideal equipment for soil moisture measurements for scientists and engineers. The FOM/mts is based on Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) measurement principle – the most accurate approach to soil moisture measurements. The FOM/mts can also measure the electrical conductivity (EC), or salinity, and temperature of the soil.
- Measurement of soil moisture (accuracy: ±2% of the measured value), bulk electrical conductivity (accuracy: ±0.01 S/m) and temperature (accuracy: ±0.5°C).
- Operates with field and laboratory TDR probes.
- Ability to calibrate individual probes to achieve better measurement accuracy.
- Supports probes with various cable lengths from 1.5 up to 6 m.
- Light handheld enclosure.
- Ability to register and store up to 1000 readings in the internal flash memory.
- Keyboard and LCD display (160×128 dots) with user friendly operating software.
- Connection by a USB interface with PC compatible computers for data transfer, probe calibration and firmware upgrade.
- Free PC software.
- Lithium-polymer battery supply.
|Measurement Principle||Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)|
|Sensor Dimensions||2 parallel stainless steel rods | 100mm Length | 2mm Diameter spaced 14mm apart (smaller probes available upon request)|
|Cable Length||1.5m (standard) | Up to 6m (optional)|
|Soil Volumetric Water Content||0 to 100 %|
|Temperature||-20 to 50 °C|
|Electrical Conductivity/Salinity||0 to 1 S/m|
|Soil Volumetric Water Content||± 2% or less with soil specific calibration|
|Temperature||± 0.5 °C|
|Electrical Conductivity/Salinity||± 10%|
|Soil Volumetric Water Content||0.1 %|
|Electrical Conductivity/Salinity||1 mS m-1|