portable EC meters
Edaphic Scientific supplies portable electrical conductivity (EC) and total dissolved salts (TDS) meters for a range of applications including scientific research, aquaculture, soils, water quality, wastewater, aquariums, laboratories and more. Our EC meters are supplied from the world leading manufacturer, Hanna Instruments. Benefits of our EC meters include:
- Low cost models for researchers, industry and students
- Extremely high accuracy up to ±0.01 μS/cm
- Automatic temperature compensation
- Easy to calibrate and maintain
- Waterproof handheld meter with rugged carry case
- Interchangeable or Multi-parameter to models to measure pH, EC, DO, Redox, ISE, temperature, barometric pressure and more…
portable EC meter models
- HI-INT – Portable EC/TDS Meter
- HI-MULTI – 3-in-1 Portable Meter to measure pH, EC and DO simultaneously
- EC-SOIL – Portable pH Meter for Soil Measurements (scroll down to bottom of page for more details)
- EC-HH-LC-LR/HR – Low Cost, handheld, low or high range EC meter
- Data Logging (HI-INT and HI-MULTI models only)
The log-on-demand feature allows users to store up to 300 samples (depending on model) that can be later transferred to a PC with the supplied USB cable and software.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
All pH measurements are automatically corrected for temperature variations with the inbuilt temperature sensor.
Up to 5 point calibration can be installed in the meter for enhanced accuracy.
- Easy Maintenance
Sensors are easily cleaned and can be individually replaced at any time. Replacement sensors are available from Edaphic Scientific.
- Waterproof Meter and Rugged Carrying Case
IP67 environmental protection rated waterproof hand held meter means you will not damage the Portable EC Meter in the field. Transport the Portable ph Meter in a rugged carrying case.
- AA Battery Operated
The units are powered from 4 x AA batteries for up to 100 hours of battery life.
general specifications of EC sensor
Note: precise specifications vary slightly depending on model. Contact Edaphic Scientific for more details.
- Range: 0 to 400 mS/cm; 0.001 to 9.999 μS/cm; 10.00 to 99.99 μS/cm; 100.0 to 999.9 μS/cm; 1.000 to 9.999 mS/cm; 10.00 to 99.99 mS/cm; 100.0 to 1000.0 mS/cm (autoranging)
- Resolution: 0.001 μS/cm; 0.01 μS/cm; 0.1 μS/cm; 0.001 mS/cm; 0.01 mS/cm; 0.1 mS/cm
- Accuracy: ±1% of reading (±0.01 μS/cm or 1 digit, whichever is greater)
- Calibration: automatic up to five points with seven memorized standards (0.00 μS/cm, 84.0 μS/cm, 1.413 mS/cm, 5.00 mS/cm, 12.88 mS/cm, 80.0 mS/cm, 111.8 mS/cm)
EC-SOIL meter information
- Supplied with two probes
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- BEPS (Battery Error Prevention System) alerts the user in the event that low battery power could adversely affect readings
The EC-SOIL meter is an instrument that has been designed to address the need for fast and accurate conductivity measurements in soil and liquids. It is supplied with two probes: HI 76305 with stainless steel, conical tip for direct soil measurement and HI 76304 for fertilizer enriched solutions.
The EC-SOIL meter measures the soil conductivity in EC (mS/cm) as well as salt activity (g/L). The different scales can be selected through two keys on the front panel and two separate LEDs indicate which parameter is being tested. In addition, The EC-SOIL meter is equipped with an alarm LED that illuminates if the soil is too dry or nutritive substances such as potassium or nitrogen are lacking. Demineralized water can be added to the soil prior to proceeding with further tests.
Direct soil measurement is facilitated by the stainless steel HI 76305 probe. Once inserted into the ground, the user simply waits until the meter displays the value read by the auger-like probe.
specifications of the EC-SOIL meter
- Range: EC: 0.00 to 19.99 mS/cm; Salt Activity: 0.00 to 1.00 g/L
- Resolution: EC: 0.01 mS/cm; Salt Activity: 0.01 g/L
- Accuracy: @ 20°C ±2% F.S. (0 to 15.00 mS/cm; excluding probe error)
- Calibration: manual, one point
- Temperature Compensation: Automatic, 0 to 50°C
- Battery Type/Life: 9V / approximately 100 hours of continuous use
- Environment: 0 to 50°C; RH max 95% non-condensing
- Dimensions: 185 x 82 x 52 mm
- Weight: 275 g