LT-1T leaf temperature
micro-scale temperature sensor
The LT-1T sensor is a sub-miniature touch probe that measures absolute temperature of a leaf. The lightweight stainless steel wire clip holds a high precision glass encapsulated thermistor, which is about millimeter in diameter. Small size of the probe and its special design provide almost negligible disturbance of the natural leaf temperature. The thermistor is connected to the clip by a thin 0.15 mm leads to minimize heat conduction and response time. All conductors are proofed to avoid corrosion under the wet operating conditions.
The probe is connected by a standard 1-meter cable to the waterproof box with the signal conditioner inside.
The output cable length should be specified in the order if required.
Every sensor is tuned and calibrated within the measurement range. The tolerance range is ±0.08 ℃ only.
the grape monitor
In 2017, the New South Wales Department of Primary Industries commissioned Edaphic Scientific to install a phyto-monitoring system on various varieties of grapevines.
Known as The Grape Monitor, the phyto-systems are measuring stem growth (dendrometers), sap flow, soil moisture, canopy temperature, and more parameters.
Data is uploaded to the internet via the Edaphic Scientific telemetry system. These data can be viewed at anytime.
For more information, visit The Grape Monitor.
whole system monitoring solutions
Our systems not only support dendrometers, but related sensors such as sap flow, soil moisture, weather parameters, and more.
At Edaphic Scientific we want to work with you from the start of your project through to its completion. We can provide:
- Assistance with project and experimental design
- Procurement of all monitoring equipment, including sensors, data loggers and data management software. Edaphic Scientific is a one-stop shop where we can source and find any necessary equipment for your project from our preferred suppliers or third party suppliers
- Installation and training
- On-going assistance with data interpretation and equipment maintenance
- Data correction and analysis, including statistical analysis with the R-package
- Report and publication preparation including tables, figures, graphs, and manuscript writing
advanced data collection and management solutions
Edaphic Scientific recognises the need for flexible and adaptable sensor and data logging solutions for experimental or environmental monitoring projects.
Data can be downloaded directly in the field from data loggers. A direct connection between the data loggers and your computer, via a USB cable, can be used for manual downloading of data.
Alternatively, data can be downloaded over the internet on your iPhone, iPad or desktop computer with the Eagle.io cloud-based, data management software solutions. Through this remote based downloading capabilities, you can download, view and manage your data, and system, anywhere in the world and at anytime.
- Measurement range: 0 to 50 ℃
- Instrumental accuracy: < 0.15 ℃
- Output: LT-1T: SDI-12; LT-1M: 0 to 2 VDC; LT-1Mi: 4 to 20 mA
- Supply voltage: 10 to 30 VDC
- Power: LT-1M: 1.5 W max; LT-1Mi: 2 W max
- Probe dimensions (mm): 50 W × 20 H × 10 D
- Probe weight: 1.6 g
- Contact area of thermistor: About 1 mm2
- Standard calibration: T(℃)=ƒ(V, Volt) Best fit: T= 1.8649V3 − 4.5048V2 + 26.542V − 0.0099
- Approximation error: < ±0.06 ℃
- Linear fit: T= 24.477V − 0.1352
- Approximation error: < ±1 ℃
- Tolerance range: ±0.08 ℃
- Cable length between probe and signal conditioner: 1 m
- Custom cable lengths available
manual & docs