terms & conditions
Last updated: 22nd May, 2015
The following terms and conditions apply to any purchase of products or transactions with Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd. The customer, purchaser and end user, upon acceptance of a quote and payment of invoice from Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd, agree, in whole, to these terms and conditions.
- All products and equipment listed on the edaphic.com.au website are intended for research and monitoring use only.
- No products listed or sold by Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd is intended for, or should be used for, human diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Warranty: all products listed and sold by Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd have a limited warranty period. The warranty period is item specific and can range from 90 days to 2 years maximum. The specific warranty period for a product or item is listed inside the manual of that product. Where warranty period is not listed in the manual or is not specifically mentioned in other product documentation, it is assumed to be 2 years. During the warranty period, Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd warrants the products sold by us to be free from defects in materials and workmanship when used for their intended purpose and agrees to fix or replace (at our discretion) any part or product that fails under normal use. To take advantage of this warranty, the product must be returned to Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd at your expense. If, after examination, we determine the product is defective, we will repair or replace it at no additional cost to you. This warranty does not cover any products that have been subjected to misuse, neglect, accident, modifications or repairs by you or by a third party. No employee or reseller of this products may alter this warranty verbally or in writing.
- Liability: In no event will Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd, or any of its suppliers, be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including lost profits, or for any claim by any third party, arising out of the use, the results of use, or the inability to use the items or products listed on the edaphic.com.au website.
- Returns under Warranty: If the product fails under normal use during the warranty period, a RMA (Return Material Authorization) number must be obtained from Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd. After the item is received we will repair or replace the item at our discretion. To obtain a RMA number, email: info(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)edaphic.com.au When requesting a RMA please provide reason for return and original order number. If we determine that the product failed because of improper use (water damage, dropping, tampering, electrical damage etc.), or if it is beyond the warranty date, we will inform you of the cost to fix or replace the product.
- Re-Stocking: If the purchased item or product is deemed no longer suitable for its original intended use, the customer may exchange the item for any other item of similar or lesser value manufactured by the same manufacturer of the purchased item except under circumstances outlined under section 7. A 25% re-stocking fee will be charge for an exchange of item. The customer must also pay for any freight costs associated with the delivery of returned or newly purchased items. Items must be returned to Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd at the user’s expense prior to exchange for alternative items. Under no circumstances will Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd re-stock items that have been used, or show signs of use, such as scuff marks, scratching or other such markings. Re-stocking of items can only take place within 14 days of purchase unless otherwise negotiated with Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd.
- Re-stocking or Return of Perishable or Custom Built Products: perishable and/or custom built products cannot be return for a refund under any circumstance. Perishable products include, but are not limited to, the following products manufactured by Perishable items also include any H2S based product sold by Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd.
- Delivery: Upon receipt of payment or purchase order from the customer, Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd will immediately undertake procedures to deliver the purchased items as soon as practically possible. Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd cannot guarantee an exact delivery time but will endeavour to do anything possible to deliver all items in a timely manner. All items should be checked by the customer, within 14 days of delivery, for any signs of damage or defects caused by the shipment or delivery process. Photos of the damage must be taken immediately and emailed to Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd.
- Insurance: All items purchased from Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd are insured up to the point of acceptance of delivery. Once the item is in possession of the customer, or representative of the customer, Edaphic Scientific Pty Ltd is no longer liable unless otherwise stated under these terms and conditions.